Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Face2face(book)

I didn't set up a profile - a little spooked by the advertising tracking & the difficulties in deleting a profile, I also feel like I've been putting my email address out in so many places lately that I'm about to get the spam-mongous email I used to get before I switched to gmail, and I hate trying to manage spam. I think Ms. Farkas has some excellent points, I agree that it is imperative to be RELEVANT - not just present on a social networking site - this is even more true now than in 2006. We have a myspace at port orchard that Shannon set up & maintains & it remains a great way to reach our teens - but if Shannon stopped maintaining our site, with todays tech-savvy teens, it would be far worse than not having a presence at all. So it requires a commitment, and IMHO - this is not the forum for formal materials requests - although casual suggestions are perfect.

No comments: